One could sense the new beginnings as we gathered on Zoom for the first meeting of 2022! We expressed our gratefulness to Sr Pauline Lally, SP as she completed her term, and we happily welcomed Jeannette Filthaut, SP who has replaced Pauline. Aisha Francis had formally accepted the position of ED. A new KAIROS Executive was now in place.
We would like to introduce all CRC membership to the KAIROS Steering Committee that meets online for a monthly meeting with KAIROS Executive Director – Aisha Francis. Members are located in the following cities and provinces: Montreal QC, Ottawa ON, Kingston ON, East York ON, Toronto ON, Oakville ON, Windsor ON, Winnipeg MB, Gitsegukla BC.
For us, the CRC representatives at KAIROS, the experience of meeting albeit on Zoom brings Jeannette and Maura into a wide circle that spans the Canadian landscape.
The new Executive comprises:
- Murray Pruden (Chair) Minister of Indigenous Ministries & Justice – The United Church of Canada
- Rev. Paul Gehrs (Vice-Chair) Ordained Minister of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Dr. Allyson Carr (Vice-Chair) Justice Ministries for the Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Rev. Dr. Sarah Travis (Secretary) Presbyterian World Service & Development
- The Rev. Dr. Japhet Ndhlovu – The United Church of Canada
Steering Committee includes:
- Genevieve Gallant – Development and Peace-Caritas Canada
- Mike Hogeterp – Christian Reformed Church in North America
- Ray Jones – Indigenous Member at large
- Rev. Leigh M Kern Anglican priest in the Anglican Church of Canada
- David Millar – Religious Society of Friends – Quaker (new member)
- Diwa Marcelino – Member-at-Large, Migrant Justice Manitoba
- Ruth Plett – Mennonite Central Committee Canada
- Andreas Thiel – Anglican Priest – The Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund
- Maura McGrath, CND – Congregation of Notre Dame – CRC rep.
- Jeannette Filthaut, SP – Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul – CRC rep. (new member)
Sister Maura McGrath CND and Sister Jeannette Filthaut SP are members of the Donor Relations Committee working with Fahira Golich, a staff member who carries this portfolio for KAIROS. We held our first online meeting with Fahira on February 3rd to review the 2021 fundraising successes and to plan for 2022. We are grateful to the 70+ congregations who again generously donated to KAIROS. We are also grateful to the 12 new French congregational donors for your contributions this past year. A report for religious congregations is forthcoming in the near future.
We look forward to connecting with our Sister Congregations and their continued contributions to the global ministry of KAIROS.
Many blessings as we walk into the future together.
Sr. Jeannette Filthaut, SP & Sr. Maura McGrath, CND