Under the direction of the General Secretary, and in close collaboration with the Assistant General Secretary and other staff of the General Secretariat and Administration Service, the incumbent is responsible for proposing communication strategies and information in support of existing and developing CCCB projects. He/she proposes and implements communication strategies, and maintains relations with religious and secular media. The Communications Coordinator collaborates with the General Secretary as well as with Conference spokespersons and staff, and advises CCCB members and staff.
1. Elaborates and implements communications strategies and information programs.
- Establishes and maintains relations with religious and secular media;
- As needed, undertakes analysis of public issues to identify interests, concerns, and emerging questions;
- Drafts documents in support of media relations strategies;
- Researches, drafts and revises texts for dissemination, including responses to media, news releases, updates for the website, briefing notes, discussion notes, scenarios, question and answer referrals, publications;
- Advises the General Secretariat on the production of the information kit for the Bishops’ Annual Collection;
- Collaborates with the General Secretariat to implement communication strategies for CCCB projects;
- Drafts, submits for approval, and disseminates media releases and updates for the website;
- Engages media (TV, radio, print) in the promotion of CCCB projects;
- Undertakes follow-up to media questions and inquiries;
- Performs other duties as required in relation to CCCB operations.
2. Proposes and implements communications activities.
- Establishes contacts for disseminating information on the CCCB website and its Twitter account;
- Manages the CCCB Twitter account;
- Maintains up-to-date lists of secular and religious media as well as current distribution lists for CCCB electronic newsletters;
- Submits project plans for approval, prepares budgets and controls related expenses;
- As directed, coordinates the preparation of information documents for the CCCB website and ensures necessary updates and editing of the website.
- Professional experience in communications;
- University degree in communications or equivalent qualification;
- Experience in managing questions and relations with media;
- Good knowledge of Catholic and other religious media, including social media;
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic Church and Church organizations;
- Excellent in one official language; and competence in the other;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight or changing deadlines;
- Working knowledge of new communications media, as well as web and desktop publishing programs, data bases and Microsoft Suite;
- Aptitudes in problem solving and analysis;
- Proven creativity, leadership, initiative and respect for cultural diversity.
This permanent full time position has a salary range of $64,063 to $76,085, with excellent working conditions including a group benefit plan and a generous pension plan.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a resume to Lucie Labrèche-Matte, Administration and Human Resources Assistant at email@example.com before July 16, 2018.
In accordance with Section 24(1) of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the CCCB has the right to give preference to Catholic candidates with respect to employment.
In accordance with the Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard, the CCCB welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for an interview.