Towards New Communication Dynamics?
The recent pandemic has turned our daily lives upside down. Confinement and social distancing measures have impacted community relations. In that context, most religious communities have been led to use or find new means of communication in order to break down the isolation and stay in touch.
- How do we communicate in religious communities?
- How are leaders informed about what is going on in the community?
- How can information be transmitted in a context of overloaded digital communications?
- Likewise, how can the work be adapted to a new digital reality (videoconferencing, digital fatigue, etc.)?
- How does technology change the models of communication according to the types of communities (monastic, contemplative, apostolic)?
- What are the impacts on community dynamism (international travel, virtual vs. face-to-face meetings, etc.)?
This webinar will be aimed at encouraging an exchange about the field of communication among leaders in order to identify the communication models existing in their congregation and the awareness that the pandemic has fostered.
This Leaders’ Circle is intended for leaders of religious congregations as well as their leadership teams (or community councils). It is an opportunity for leaders and their leadership teams to meet and discuss matters of importance for consecrated life and religious congregations today.
- Welcome and prayer
- Introduction to the topic
- Part 1 – The impact of confinement on communication within communities
- Part 2 – Existing and emerging communication models
Newfoundland Standard Time (NST) from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Atlantic Standard Time (AST) from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Eastern Standard Time (EST) from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Central Standard Time (CST) from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Mountain Standard Time (MST) from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Pacific Standard Time (PST) from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
About the CRC’s 2020-2021 programming
For the first time this year, the CRC’s programming will be entirely online and interregional. The webinar approach will give us an opportunity to meet differently, and to have more discussions amongst members of different regions.
The webinars will open up spaces for discussions, allowing for meaningful exchanges of ideas and new perspectives. They will equip us and take us on a common journey of discernment about the role of consecrated life in today’s world.