Legal Education 2019
for leadership of religious institutes and their lay collaborators
Third year of the three-year cycle.
An updated program offering instruction in the contemporary context on the main aspects of canon law and certain aspects of civil law affecting consecrated life.
It is intended for present and future leadership teams and lay persons working in the administration of institutes of consecrated life or societies of apostolic life.
The program will also be offered online.
- Orientations for the administration of goods in institutes of consecrated life and societies of apostolic life
- Economics at the service of the charism and the mission
- Personal bank accounts, credit cards, durable power of attorney
- The mission of the “canonical” treasurer and the “lay” treasurer
- Protecting minors and vulnerable adults from sexual abuse
- Development of protocols and guidelines by dioceses and religious institutes, risk management and liability; rapport with the media
- Cemeteries and burial options
For program information: email@example.com
June 10-13, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Panel (June 10, 11 and 13)
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Fees: $600 (Session, hand-outs, receptions) includes $50 non-refundable deposit.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Online registration ONLY: www.ustpaul.ca/DCAform
Saint Paul University
Tel.: 613 236-1393, Ext. 2318
Change in management of residence bookings this year!
A block of rooms has been reserved for those attending the 2019 Legal Education Program.
A cost of $120 per suite.
In order to reserve a room, please communicate with Sister Louise Charbonneau, SCO, at firstname.lastname@example.org BY MARCH 4th.
A meal plan is available for lunches. More details available at ustpaul.ca/legaleducation.
- Anne ASSELIN, JCD – USP/SPU
- Danielle DUNLEAVY, MBA, CPA, CGA
- Ferdinand DJAYEROMBE VAWEKA – CRC
- Sister Bonnie MACLELLAN, CJS, JCD – USP/SPU
- Rev. Francis MORRISEY, OMI, JCD – USP/SPU
- Béatrice PRADO – ATTIR
- Mgr John A. RENKEN, JCD – Dean, Faculty of Canon Law – USP/SPU
- Andreas PRAKSAS – ATRI
- Robin SALIBA – USP/SPU
- Sr Louise CHARBONNEAU, SCO, JCL – USP/SPU
- Benoît BARITEAU, Director (Interim) of Cemeteries, Archdiocese of Ottawa
- Michael LOWE, CPA, CA, Chief Financial Officer, Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie
- John O’BRIEN, Episcopal Delegate for Cemeteries and Insurance, Diocese of Hamilton
- Rév Francis MORRISEY, OMI. JCD
- Mgr Christian RIESBECK, CC, V.G., JCL, Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of Ottawa
- Sr Costanza ROMANO, CSJ, General Treasurer, Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie
- Theresa ROWAT, Director, The Archives of the Jesuits in Canada
- Rev. Timothy SCOTT, CSB, Executive Director, CRC
- Linda WICKS, Archivist, Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto