Coping with Grief and Loss during COVID-19
The Manitoba Multifaith Council Spiritual Health Committee, in collaboration with the Interfaith Healthcare Association of Manitoba, is pleased to present this half-day workshop on the subject of grief during this pandemic.
Anne Whitford-Fast and Lynn Granke will facilitate a process for participants to consider their own losses and via this experience, be able to help others in their faith communities give expression to their grief and find a way forward in this new normal.
- Identify various forms of grief including anticipatory, hidden and ambiguous (disenfranchised);
- Name losses being experienced;
- Consider how our responses to grief are impacted by the pandemic ;
- Identify strategies for expressing grief, mourning and adapting to our losses, and nurturing resilience.
Questions to reflect on prior to arrival: Name losses you’ve experienced:
- What are you missing?
- What hasn’t occurred that usually would have?
Master of Marriage and Family Therapy degree from the University of Winnipeg , a Master of Arts in Theology and Spiritual Direction and a BA in Psychology.
Masters of Divinity Lutheran pastor Certified Supervisor Educator with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
- On-line registration
- Welcome & Introductions
- Grief… so that’s what I’m experiencing?
- Break-out Groups
- Health Break
- The Pain of a Thousand Cuts
- If we’re in the same boat, where is my life jacket?