We are pleased to inform you of two recent congregational elections among the members of the CRC.
The Ursuline Sisters of Chatham, met from November 1 to 5, 2021 for their 23rd General Chapter “Tending the Heart of our Life: Be the Flame”
We wish to thank you for your prayerful support and encouraging messages. We truly experienced grace happening within and among us during these days.
With grateful and joyful hearts, they share the newly elected General Leadership for 2021 to 2025:
- Sr. Theresa Mahoney, Community Leader;
- Sr. Karen Gleeson, Leadership Team Member;
- Sr. Marian Krauskopf, Leadership Team Member;
- Sr. Jean Ann Ledwell, Leadership Team Member.
Sr.Karen Gleeson, Sr.Theresa Mahoney, Sr.Jean Ann Ledwell, Sr.Marian Krauskopf.
This new congregational council will be effective on November 25, 2021 for a 4-year term.
In a spirit of gladness they face the future for the sake of the Gospel and the enrichment of God’s creation.
On November 11, 2021, the Sisters of Mercy of Newfoundland welcomed the new Leadership Team through a livestreamed ceremony in the chapel at the Mount at The Residence at Littledale in St. John’s.. November 11 is the anniversary day of the first steps of their Founder (Catherine McAuley) into eternal life. The new Leadership Team is composed as follow:
- Sr. Diane Smyth, Congregational Leader;
- Sr. Charlotte Fitzpatrick, Leadership Team Member;
- Sr. Elizabeth Marrie, Leadership Team Member;
- Sr. Betty Morrissey, Leadership Team Member.
The livestreamed ceremony, available below, was for the Sisters who live in other residences in Canada and in Peru.