Legal Education 2020
MARCH 18, 2020 UPDATE
In regard of the situation in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic confirmed by the exceptional measures taken by the federal government, the Legal Education Planning committee and the St. Paul University decided to postpone the first year of the Legal Education program to 2021. Those already registered will be contacted by St. Paul University.
Information about the postponed program
for leadership of religious institutes and their lay collaborators
First year of the three-year cycle.
An updated program offering instruction in the contemporary context on the main aspects of canon law and certain aspects of civil law affecting consecrated life.
It is intended for present and future leadership teams and lay persons working in the administration of institutes of consecrated life or societies of apostolic life.
This is Year 1 of the program and will address the person, member of a religious institute or a society of apostolic life.
The program will also be offered online.
- Development of consecrated life: historical and canonical aspects
- New forms of consecrated life: overview of the situation and the state of the question
- Acceptance of new candidates in religious institutes
- Practical implications of the vow of poverty
- Associates and other forms of belonging to an institute
- Relationships between diocesan bishops and religious institutes working in the diocese
- Issues relating to safeguard of minors and vulnerable persons, more particularly in relation to women religious
- Rights and obligations of all the Christian faithful
- Rights and obligations of religious
- Separation from the institute
- Various forms of dismissal from an institute
For program information: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 8-11, 2020
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- 10:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 1:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Questions (June 8, 9, 10 and 11)
- will be answered in class
Fees: $600 (Program, hand-outs, receptions) includes $50 non-refundable deposit.
Deadline: April 2nd, 2020
Saint Paul University
Tel.: 613 236-1393, Ext. 2462
Change in management of residence bookings this year!
A limited number of rooms has been reserved at the residence on the campus of Saint Paul University for those participating in the legal education program 2020.
A cost of $120 per suite (see plan suite here).
In order to reserve a room, please communicate with sister Louise Charbonneau, SCO, at email@example.com BY MARCH 5th.
A meal plan is available for lunches. More details available at https://ustpaul.ca/en/legal-education-2020_7121_39.htm.
If you wish to purchase the pre-paid noon meal plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org BY MARCH 5th.
Please advise email@example.com if you have any catering dietary needs.
- Anne ASSELIN, JCD – USP/SPU
- Danielle DUNLEAVY, MBA, CPA, CGA
- Sabrina DI MATTEO – CRC
- Sister Bonnie MACLELLAN, CJS, JCD – USP/SPU
- Rev. Francis MORRISEY, OMI, JCD – USP/SPU
- Béatrice PRADO – ATTIR
- Mgr John A. RENKEN, JCD – Dean, Faculty of Canon Law – USP/SPU
- Andreas PRAKSAS – ATRI
- Robin SALIBA – USP/SPU
- Sr Louise CHARBONNEAU, SCO, JCL – USP/SPU
- Louise CHARBONNEAU, SCO, JCL, Administrator, Centre for Canonical Services, SPU
- Karlijn DEMASURE, Ph.D., S.T.D., Director of the Centre for Safeguarding Minors and Vulnerable Persons, SPU
- André DESCÔTEAUX, OP, Spiritual Director, Benoît Lacroix Student Centre
- Sharon EUART, RSM, JCD, Executive Director, Resource Center for Religious Institutes
- Chad GLENDINNING, JCD, Associate Professor, Faculty of Canon Law, SPU
- Bonnie MacLELLAN, CSJ, JCD, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Canon Law, SPU
- Rév Francis MORRISEY, OMI, JCD, Professor emeritus, SPU
- Rév Valère NKOUAYA MBANDJI, SJ, JCD, Professeur adjoint,Assistant Professor, Faculty of Canon Law, SPU
- Rick VAN LIER, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Dominican University College
Source: Saint Paul University