Founded in 1954, the Canadian Religious Conference (CRC) is an association of over 250 leaders of Catholic religious communities (sisters, brothers, priests) throughout Canada representing more than 11,000 religious women and men. To accomplish its mission, the CRC offers support to leaders in a number of areas including continuing leadership formation, theological integration, communications, and activities related to social justice (human trafficking, poverty, environment, etc.).
Executive Assistant – Mission
In close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Associate Director for Communications as well as in relation with the other employees, the Executive Director – Mission serves as a resource in pastoral and theological issues for leaders of religious communities across Canada.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Be attentive to the needs of members in the regions entrusted to him/her; provide strategic reflection and fuel the CRC staff’s overall work;
- Design and carry out programming of events, support for religious leadership, and formation resources, in the various sectors of the CRC’s mission;
- Serve as a resource person when the CRC takes position on questions of public interest;
- Support the CRC’s leadership;
- Offer assistance to religious congregations based on their specific needs;
- Liaise with the regional JPIC networks (Justice, Peace, Integrity of Creation) and support their mission;
- Be prepared to respond to any other request relevant to the CRC’s mission.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree in Catholic theology or equivalent experience.
- Keen interest in the Catholic Church and religious life in Canada supported by a pastoral experience.
- Strong analytical, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills; good team worker.
- Recognized abilities in facilitating groups, and in producing written content for professional and pastoral development.
- Excellent command of French and English, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in professional social networking is an asset.
Conditions of employment
- Regular 35 work-week with flexibility to accommodate travel and activities.
- Salary and benefits package commensurate with current policy.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation after first year.
- French-language work environment.
Location: Montreal (Université de Montréal metro station, bus 129).
Starting date: To be determined.
Interested parties should please send a CV, cover letter and the names of two (2) references before Friday, June 5, 2020, 5 p.m. by e-mail, to Isabelle Coté, Assistant to the Executive Director: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted. All candidates welcome. The CRC encourages applications from women, First nations, visible minorities as well as individuals with physical disabilities.