Department: Campus Ministry
Reports to: Principal
Position: Permanent Full Time
King’s University College is searching for an ordained Roman Catholic priest (in good standing with their local Ordinary and/or Religious Superior) for the position of Director of Campus Ministry. Applicants who are laypersons and meet the required qualifications will also be considered.
The Director of Campus Ministry is responsible for creating a safe and supportive community that fosters the faith development and spiritual growth of students, staff, and faculty and Christ the King University Parish in accordance with the College’s Catholic mission. The position offers an exciting leadership opportunity within the King’s Senior Administrative Team to serve as a strategic partner by providing proactive and innovative guidance and support to students and the academic and administrative units throughout the College with regard to all facets of the College’s Catholic mission.
The Director will lead the Campus Ministry team in planning, promoting, and managing a broad spectrum of campus activities and programs which cultivate a vibrant/active community and help to nurture student development in the spirit of a Catholic University. One of the goals of this team is to enhance the students’ educational experience through holistic care and leadership development by facilitating positive interactions and opportunities for personal growth in collaboration with the entire university community.
The Director will lead the Campus Ministry team in supporting the College’s Catholic mission and values and by modelling collaborative ministry within a dynamic university parish. In the event that the Director is a layperson, developing and supporting a framework for the pastoral and sacramental needs of the community in consultation with the Diocese of London will be a priority. In the event that the Director is a priest, he will also assume the role of Pastor of Christ the King University Parish. Grounded in the liturgical practice of the Second Vatican Council, the parish, like the College, is deeply committed to works of justice.
Depending upon qualifications, opportunities for teaching may be possible.
- Ordained Roman Catholic priest in good standing with their local Ordinary or Religious Superior
- Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of Campus Ministry experience or five years of ministry experience in other settings, preferably 3-5 years Campus Ministry experience in a University setting
- Active engagement in Roman Catholic tradition, worship, and intellectual tradition of Roman Catholicism
- Experience with creating programing for students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate theological, catechetical, and spiritual concepts to undergraduate students, staff, faculty, andparishioners
- Demonstrated proficiency with facilitating group discussions, group reflections, and faith sharing group activities
- Knowledge of student development issues
- Ability to work and minister effectively in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Sufficient initiative and confidence to work individually
- Ability to collaborate effectively and creatively as a member of a team
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 1, 2021
Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to:
King’s University College
266 Epworth Avenue
London, Ontario, N6A 2M3
Posting will remain open until filled.
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-433-3491 for assistance.